The latest national advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on the Governmentwebsite and NHS website
You can find guidance and information about the impacts on local services on the Devon County Council website
Stoodleigh Playground is Open
Stoodleigh Parish Council is pleased to announce that the Playground is now open!
The repairs to the equipment have been completed so it is now ready for your children to use and enjoy. Thank you for your patience.
Please remember the Government's COVID advice and guidance when using the Playground - please see below:
Please Help Keep our Playground and Play Equipment COVID-19 Secure
The Playground is not supervised, and equipment is not regularly cleaned.
- Do not use the equipment if you are unwell.
- If the playground is busy, consider returning another time.
- Social distancing of 2m MUST always be maintained (or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not possible).
- Only one child is allowed on each piece of equipment at a time.
- No eating or drinking in the playground.
- Parents/Carers: You will need to clean the equipment before your child uses it. Use hand sanitiser or wipes to clean your children’s hands before and after use.
- Do not touch your face. Remember to cough or sneeze into a tissue or arm if tissue not available. Take tissues home.
- Children’s clothes should be washed when they get home.
- Families with clinically vulnerable members: Do NOT use the equipment without first cleaning it
- Take your litter home.
- Allowing your child to use the playground equipment is done at your own risk.
Please report any concerns you have about the Playground to one of the parish councillors
News from your local organisations and their AGMs
Stoodleigh Garden Club
As the Club were unable to hold their usual meeting for the AGM this year, due on 10 November, their members were circulated with the reports by email. The Club would like to share their Reports for 2020 with the community.
New members will be welcome through the year and the group look forward to seeing everyone when they are able to resume their normal events ........ watch out for news on the website and community email in due course.
Stoodleigh Parish Hall
The Parish Hall AGM is usually held in mid November, as soon as possible after the end of its financial year, 31 October. However, it’s not currently possible to hold a public meeting at the Hall. In accordance with the Charity Commission guidance, the Hall Management Committee has agreed to postpone the AGM for a few months. The Committee hopes it will be possible to present the annual financial information and reports to the Stoodleigh community in 2021 at the Parish Hall when it’s covid-safe to do so.
See the Parish Hall webpages for information about what normally goes on at the Hall and a reminder about previous social events enjoyed there. The Committee looks forward to welcoming the community back to use the Parish Hall and will let you all know as soon as that’s possible via the website and community email.
Stoodleigh Parish Council Meeting: 30 November 2020
Stoodleigh Parish Council has published the Agenda for the Parish Council Meeting to be held remotely on Monday 30 November at 7pm. Members of the public are welcome to join the meeting. Please see the Agenda for joining instructions.
Stoodleigh Community Help Network
The Stoodleigh community continues to work together to help one another in these extremely difficult times.
Several residents in our community volunteered in March at the start of the COVID 19 Lockdown and will continue in this second Lockdown to support their neighbours by helping with everyday necessities. This includes shopping, collecting prescriptions, dog walking, care of pets and animals and more. The list and contact details of these amazing volunteers has been circulated within our parish. What a fantastic community we live in!
If you are a Stoodleigh resident who needs some help, or know someone in our parish who might need some support in these exceptional times, please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to put you in touch with one of our volunteers.
Stoodleigh Parish Council Meetings - Minutes
Stoodleigh Parish Council has published the draft Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting on Monday 28 September and the Parish Council Planning Meeting on Friday 9 October.
Stoodleigh Public Rights of Way
We are fortunate in Stoodleigh to be able take advantage of the countryside using our local public footpaths, bridleways and byways. It’s not often there are problems along our public rights of way but if you come across issues you are concerned about, here are some contacts for you:
- obstructions or lack of signage on public rights of way can be reported to Devon County Council online on their problem reporting page or phone 0345 155 1004; or
- encounters of obstructive or abusive behaviour on public rights of way can be logged with Devon County Council’s Public Rights of Way Warden, Stuart Howell, at email@example.com . Details should include dates, location and nature of encounter - or you can contact the police; or
- if you prefer you can contact Stoodleigh Parish Councillor, Sharon Davey, on email - firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01398 351753 who will report the matter to Devon County Council on your behalf.
Devon County Council has told the Parish Council that the more reports they have of a problem, the easier it is to allocate the appropriate resources.
Winter, spring, summer and autumn – hope you can get out and enjoy our public rights of way!