A discussion on Plants for Bees
Come and listen to a local bee keeper and share ideas on plants we can grow in our gardens to help bees throughout the year. The event is on Friday 21 February at 7pm at Stoodleigh Parish Hall. To find out more and how to book, see the Garden Club webpage.
Potatoes ready now for the Potato Growing Competition
The Annual Show Schedule will soon be available and information about the potato growing class has been published. As in previous years, there will be a class for the heaviest weight of potatoes grown in a bucket from one potato (bucket - maximum 3 gallons). The seed potatoes are now available. To find how to take part and get your potato, see the Garden Club webpage
Stoodleigh Parish Council Planning Meeting Minutes: 12 February 2020
Stoodleigh Parish Council has published the draft Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 12 February 2020 at 3pm at Stoodleigh Parish Hall.
Stoodleigh Public Rights of Way
We are fortunate in Stoodleigh to be able take advantage of the countryside using our local public footpaths, bridleways and byways. It’s not often there are problems along our public rights of way but if you come across issues you are concerned about, here are some contacts for you:
- obstructions or lack of signage on public rights of way can be reported to Devon County Council online on their problem reporting page or phone 0345 155 1004; or
- encounters of obstructive or abusive behaviour on public rights of way can be logged with Devon County Council’s Public Rights of Way Warden, Stuart Howell, at email@example.com . Details should include dates, location and nature of encounter - or you can contact the police; or
- if you prefer you can contact Stoodleigh Parish Councillor, Sharon Davey, on email - firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01398 351753 who will report the matter to Devon County Council on your behalf.
Devon County Council has told the Parish Council that the more reports they have of a problem, the easier it is to allocate the appropriate resources.
Winter, spring, summer and autumn – hope you can get out and enjoy our public rights of way!
Electoral Review - Have Your Say
The Local Boundary Commission for England are publishing recommendations for a new pattern of wards across Mid Devon and are keen to hear what local people think of the recommendations. Their review aims to deliver electoral equality for local voters. This means that each councillor represents a similar number of people, so that everyone’s vote in council elections is worth roughly the same, regardless of where you live.
They also want to ensure that their recommendations reflect the interests and identities of local communities across Mid Devon and that the pattern of wards can help the council deliver effective local government for local people.
They will consider all the submissions they receive, whoever they are from and whether your evidence applies to the whole district or just a part of it.
The consultation opened on 5 February and closes on 13 April. See their draft recommendations with details about how you can take part
Stoodleigh Parish Council Meeting Minutes: 27 January 2020
Stoodleigh Parish Council has published the draft Minutes of the meeting held on 27 January at 7pm at Stoodleigh Parish Hall.
Opportunity for Stoodleigh photographers!
"Wonderful Villages" Photo Competition
Prizes: win up to £1,000 for your Parish Hall and £500 for you - the photographer
Theme: "Village Life" - A photo which characterises the value of community in our village
- Top prize is £1,000 to the parish hall and £500 to the photographer;
- Theme: ‘Village Life - a photo which characterises the value of community in your village’. (This is not about ‘pretty villages’ or professional photography, but rather capturing the essence of ‘community’ in a village;
- See Details and rules
- Nominate your Parish Hall and let one of the Hall Committee you wish to submit a photo (Geraldine - 351391);
- You can vote for the best photos from our community and others in order to help the judges here .
You may have a suitable photo already but if not, check with one of the Hall Committee (or Geraldine 351391), and take a photo when you are attending one of the events - classes, coffee morning - Garden Club event (21 Feb), Skittles event (28 Feb) or Spring Walk event (7 March) - check events calendar to find an opportunity.
Good luck everyone!
Mid Devon Local Plan Review – Proposed Main Modifications
Mid Devon District Council invites public comments on the proposed main modifications to help finalise the new local plan.
The consultation will take place from 6 January 2020 to 17 February (5pm) 2020.
The consultation documents, response form and supporting guidance is available to view online at middevon.gov.uk/LPRMainMods and at Mid Devon Phoenix House during normal opening hours for the duration of the consultation.