Parish Council Action Plan
SHOBROOKE PARISH COUNCIL
Action Plan May 2019 – April 2020
- To have regard to the safety and interests of parishioners as a primary consideration in all council activities
- To maintain and improve parish footpaths and report work required, as part of Devon County Council’s Parish Partnership Scheme
- To continue to request improvements to the dog waste collection service
- To maintain the adopted BT Kiosk as a resource for the Parish
- To maintain the defibrillator
- To consider improvements to parishes noticeboards and other council property as necessary
- To monitor the safety of the playground equipment and consider upgrades to playground equipment as necessary
- To support the maintenance of the war memorial
- To ensure continued compliance with the relevant current legislation and to promote openness and transparency through the use of various communication media.
- To ensure all council policies and procedures are reviewed annually and updated as necessary
- To consider planning applications in the interest of parishioners
- To continue to support the Raddon Hills Group of Parishes
- To promptly acknowledge correspondence within 14 calendar days and to provide a full response within 30 calendar days.
- To continue to develop links with, and work with, Devon County Highways, including Footpaths, Devon and Cornwall Police and Mid Devon District Council including planning
- To continue to develop links with, and support where possible, local parish organisations such as the village hall, churchyard and local community travel organisations
- To ensure equality of treatment of parishioners in line with legislation.
- To ensure the action plan is reviewed annually at the annual parish meeting in May to ensure any appropriate action has been taken
Date of review: May 2019
Date of next review: May 2020