Publicly accessible register whilst in lockdown
13th March 2020 meeting postponed due to Coronavirus situation
23rd March 2020 RFO paid Clerks wages online £280
6th April 2020 email suggesting that RFO should pay DALC subscription. Councillors MW, CY, HC, and JG replied in agreement
9th April 2020 Devon Clerks meeting online zoom attended by Clerk - if a remote meeting is held the notice of the meeting must include a link, available to the public, but Questions should be presented before the meeting, and the Question read out at the meeting by the chairman.
Councillors attendance to be recognised by audio and video if possible, at a meeting platform such as zoom. Apologies at councils discretion for no access to internet.
Year End Accounts can be approved remotely, but must be signed, and the date of signature stated.
17th April 2020 DALC subscription paid online £106.17
21st April 2020 DALC membership renewal scanned and emailed to Cara Stobart DALC
Scribe year end accounts completed and bank reconciled to 31/3/2020
vat calculated to be reclaimed.
23rd April 2020 Devon clerks online zoom meeting attended by clerk. For voting at a remote meeting, a spreadsheet is useful as a record.
Notes and Tips - some only available on the Pro version
- You do not need to subscribe to Zoom in order to participate in the meeting, just follow the link provided. Ensure you note the meeting id and password.
- It works best if you can join via a computer or laptop with a camera, as it will enable to make use of all features easily. You can also participate using your smartphone or tablet by downloading the Zoom app if a computer is not possible, but it may be a little trickier to participate.
- You will be asked to provide a name when you join, please provide your first name and council in brackets i.e. Carl (Tavistock). If you do not do this, I will not know who you are and will not let you into the meeting.
- I suggest you attempt to join a couple of minutes before the meeting is due to start, you will be held in an online ‘waiting area’ until I start the meeting.
- You should be prompted to test your audio when entering the meeting. Please do this to ensure you can hear and be heard.
- You will find yourself muted when you enter the meeting. You will remain muted until you are invited to speak. This is to avoid background noise with the number of participants taking part.
- Please, if you can, turn your video on – not only would it be lovely to see you, but it really helps you to feel engaged and participate in the meeting easily.
- Within 10 minutes of the meeting starting I will ‘lock’ the meeting. Meaning that no new participants can join. If for any reason you think you may be late joining, or need to leave and come back, please email me or alert me in the chat feature.
The AGAR deadline has been extended to 31st August 2020
approved date should be meeting date not signing date
meeting can be recorded, chairman to chair as normal, but the clerk will host the meeting on zoom.
If a remote meeting is necessary, the meeting should be shorter, and focused.
Public inspection of the accounts is deferred until September.
There is to be an addendum to the Standing Orders.
Pro zoom is £11.99 a month, but there may be a discount to Parish Councils of 50%
it is possible to remove disruptive members if necessary from a zoom meeting.
if time locked out of the free meeting zoom, everyone must be able to get back into the meeting, and therefore free option might be tricky.
when setting up, removed individuals cannot rejoin the meeting, and disable file sharing, screen sharing and chat facility.
The internal auditor will need access to finance module.
1/5/20 HB comments on planning emailed to MDDC
11/5/20 abridged version of January 2020 minutes emailed to Bampton Signpost magazine
VAT refund calculated - awaiting internal auditor report
Community First Insurance - email to Jessica Emery - renewal notice not yet received
15/5/2020 last year £160.65 - no increase, and discount offered for 3 year tie in.
22/5/2020 Clerks wages paid
Insurance renewal notice by email to all councillors.
2/6/2020 11am zoom with Rebecca of DALC
26/5/2020 Register started on website
26/5/2020 received replies from 6 councillors to pay the Insurance reduced for 3 years amount
scanned letter from Marie Curie, requesting donations through the Coronavirus crisis. letter emailed requesting comments.
27/5/2020 scam emails received - all advised to delete.
re Marie Curie charity letter, HB suggests add to donations at our next meeting.
support email received from JG, DS,CY,JG,MW.
Road repairs dates 26th June to 27th July, to notify any roads that have not been already earmarked for repair. Usually by a camera on a council car.
email to internal auditor, to check that he has everything he needs. Any problems to let the clerk know.
28/5/2020 zoom meeting with HB
roads email saved to "matters arising during Coronavirus lockdown"
29/5/2020 zoom set up with HB for 10am
pay insurance due 1st June
more spam emails - SM to ask his IT people - recommend to delete
1/6/2020 Rang Community First, HSBC doesn't recognise their name.
2/6/2020 email internal auditor
schedule zoom for wednesday 3rd June 10am with HB
HSBC bank statements rec on Scribe
3/6/2020 left message with Community First again. spoke to Louisa, and confirmed the correct bank account and sort code, so paid the bill, over riding the banks name check.
4/6/2020 Planning letter from a member of the public at Staple Cross, via Holcombe Rogus Parish Clerk. Forwarded on the email@example.com
email forwarded to all councillors re Councillor Advocate Scheme Invitation (Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner)
Scribe reconcile Apr 28th and May 28th.